Brandon October puts spotlight on dementia as new Ambassador for Alzheimer's South Africa.
I first experienced Alzheimer’s as a young man in 1995 when a great-uncle was diagnosed with the disease. Later on my paternal grandmother and my maternal grandfather too were diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. I saw first-hand how they were robbed of their minds, their families and themselves. I am committed to helping the Alzheimer's Society in any way I can but I can't do it alone. I need your help. Together, we can do much more.
This video deals with the difficulties a family experiences when a family member is diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
Living With Alzheimer's
Living with someone with Alzheimer's is never easy. Hear one person's story of his experience.
Moving Your Family Member Into Care
The decision to move your family member into care is not easy. This video tells one person's story.
10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's
1. Memory loss that disrupts daily life2. Challenges in planning or solving problems
3. Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure
4. Confusion with time or place
5. Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
6. New problems with words in speaking or writing
7. Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
8. Decreased or poor judgment
9. Withdrawal from work or social activities
10. Changes in mood and personality
For more information, support, advice, to find out how you can become a member visit Alzheimer's SA.